Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Morning Collecting

   Once again, I think I mentioned a different topic to post but I had to share this.  So consider this a blog commercial and not a post!

   I peeked into my art room today and what a mess!   Right now it seems easier to collect stuff that’s already pretty than to even think about making it. Here’s a few things I found today yard sale-ing.  Did you find any pretties today?

          green glass wm. jpeg

   These are my favorite find today.  Actually, I picked these up at The Goodwill, $1 for both.  They have a iridescent shine.  I’m sure there is a name for this type of glass. 

tin with flowers wm.jpeg

   I seem to have started a Tin collection.  I have several now.  They’re charmingly utilitarian.  I use them in the bathroom to hold lip gloss and cotton balls, etc.  This one looks cheery holding flowers I think.

fan dish wm.jpeg

    And what do you think of this little dish?  So nice to toss rings or bracelets in.

   That’s all.  Have a happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. The glass is called carnival glass. My great grandmother had several pieces of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you came to visit my blog! Yes, I have since learned that this glass is Carnival glass as it was given out at Carnivals. It also comes in other colors. I love the green.

    ReplyDelete