Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Rose and Rhinestone Whim

Remember the mushroom project I talked about and called “quick” or maybe even “Quick”.  Well, there was a lull in production…  but I just wanted to bring to your and my attention that I have not forgotten about it.  I aim to finish it.  Good grief.

Here is a little something I put together on a whim.  Just started pilfering through bins and jars and drawers in the art room.

May 09 121-wm.jpeg

It’s fun to put together a little vignette like this.  The artful arranging of a varied group of articles into an appealing group has become an art in itself. 

This vignette came together quickly.  I started with a color scheme, white, cream and red and moved the pieces around till I liked the arrangement.  Here is a little about each piece:  The rose is real.  The rhinestone bows are vintage clip-ons from a pair of satin shoes.  At the top of the picture is a vintage, brass (I think) embossed, bow pin with a pink stone and the butterfly in the lower right is a vintage velvet one.  There’s another pearl butterfly on the bottom left.   A broken “ruby” and pearl bracelet and a piece of red, lace, seam binding winds it way through.  There are also some old white buttons and tarnished jingle bells. All this is sitting on some of my vintage lace stash.  I hope it brings you a snippet of happiness!

Why don’t you try putting together a pretty vignette of your favorite items.  I would love to see it!

Scatter Seeds of kindness

Let us gather up the sunbeams,

Lying all around our path;

Let us keep the wheat and roses,

Casting out the thorns and chaff;

Let us find our sweetest comfort

In the blessings of today,

With a patient hand removing

All the briers from the way.

- Mrs. Albert Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment