Monday, August 31, 2009

Things I Can’t Forget to Remember

You know what happens when you don’t post for a few days?  Your head gets backlogged with info.  Then there’s a bunch of stuff to say and you have to blog going backwards.  Hey, I think I just made up a new word, backblogged.  Remember, you heard it here first.

Going back a few days…

For the eldest chillies birthday we went to the McCartney concert.  It was pretty much awesome.  I’ll share a few things with you that I can’t forget to remember:

Sir Paul and I use the same hair dye color.  No joke.  Really.

Paul is an equal opportunity employer.  He had male blonde and brunette guitar players.  All the women loved this and maybe even me.  It gets better.  The blonde one looked like Steve Tyler wearing Bon Jovi’s hair.  Another “Really!”.

The video during “Band on the Run” was so nice.  Like one of those old family movies you pull out on Thanksgiving.  They were so young.  True love is putting your wife in the band.  (I’ve offered to be in my youngest male chillies band but he says “no” even though I think I could probably be very good at the tambourine.)

Being inside the new Cowboy stadium was interesting and satisfies all my curiosity as to what is inside the huge UFO parked in the middle of the city of Arlington.  It was air conditioned and you can shoot off fireworks inside.  Corndog cool.

Purchased a concert shirt for the eldest chillie and I can’t forget to remember this so I can borrow it sometime.  For the price you would have thought that Sir Paul could have worn it and sweated on it.

I’m assuming some of the video during the concert was graphics for the new Beatles Rock Band.  I am loving “I am the Walrus”.  Me thinks it’s rather psychedelic."  Goo goo  g’joob.

And I guess I should mention the music.  Lovey is going to birth a cow when he sees I mentioned hair (twice) before the music.  

I like that song. 

This video gives you the full concert experience.  People, loudness and things blowing up.  But the best part, and I really can’t forget to remember this, is when Mr. Brunette guitar player keeled over!  That was so good.  Watch the video and you’ll see it.  Live and let die.

Below are some happy snippets from some great songs that stayed with me from this night.  I won’t list the titles because if your a fan you know where they’re from.  If not, then just enjoy them.  Maybe they string together into a trippy, Beatles-esque kind of poem.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arrive

The long and winding road
That leads to your door
Will never disappear
I've seen that road before
It always leads me here
Lead me to your door

We're so sorry, Uncle Albert,
But we haven't done a bloody thing all day 

Live a little, be a gypsy, get around,
Get your feet up off the ground,
Live a little, get around

And when the night is cloudy
there is still a light that shines on me
shine until tomorrow, let it be

Well the rain exploded with a mighty crash
As we fell into the Sun
And the first one said to the second one there
I hope you’re having fun

When you were young and your heart was an open book,
You used to say live and let live.
(You know you did, you know you did, you know you did.)
But if this ever changing world in which we live in
makes you give it a cry, say Live and Let Die!

Na na na, na-na na na
Na-na na na, hey Jude
Na na na, na-na na na
Na-na na na, hey Jude

And lastly, I can’t forget to remember that  “Mr. When I’m (past) 64” did two encores.  Two!

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment